What We Offer
We provide expert support in all aspects of supply chain and logistics management.
We work with start-ups, SMEs and major multinationals in delivering a full range of both operational and strategic initiatives.
Our specialist areas include inventory planning, network design, supply chain planning, logistics outsourcing, S&OP and warehouse design.
Supply Chain and
Paul Trudgian Ltd, started in 2014, is an Institute of Consulting recognised practice providing industry leading supply chain and logistics consultancy across all sectors in the UK.
We bring a fresh and focussed offering to the market by providing both operational and strategic supply chain consultancy. We deliver fast-paced, practical and pragmatic advice on supply chain and logistics development for all sizes of business.
For us, it doesn’t matter if the project is 1 day or 100 days, or if you’re a start-up business or a major multinational corporation. We approach every client and project the same; providing clear experience led solutions, focussed on value and delivered with integrity.
Specialist Areas Include
- What inventory levels do you really need? How do you calculate the optimum levels of inventory ensuring a balance between working capital and service levels?
- How do you satisfy the finance team that the level of inventory held is efficient, and at the same time satisfy sales that the level of inventory held will meet customer service targets?
- What levers will allow you to reduce inventory, but still meet customer service targets and working capital constraints?
- These are questions that we can help you answer, ensuring that you have a robust, efficient and service driven inventory policy for the future.
- Demand forecasting is a key requirement, not just for sales budgeting, but to enable efficient utilisation of assets, reduced operating costs and improved customer service.
- The demand planning process that delivers the forecast should always be a cross-functional process ensuring engagement from production, logistics, finance, marketing and of course, sales.
- We are experts in the design of demand planning processes, along with the development of statistical models to support baseline forecasting.
- Logistics and supply chain activities can absorb a high proportion of a businesses sales revenue and consequently detailed planning and cost optimisation are critical.
- The science of supply chain planning is optimising how functions like production, order processing, procurement, warehousing and transport interrelate, and how to ensure your customers get the required service through the lowest cost to market.
- Supply chain planning requires a host of skills, from applied mathematics to organisational behaviour. We can help you optimise your supply chain processes
- S&OP should, at its foundation, be a simple and quickly executed monthly business process to ensure that supply and demand are balanced on the mid-to-long term horizon.
- The objective of S&OP is to action any capacity constraints or reduced sales before they impact the operational execution plans.
- We have undertaken several major S&OP designs and implementations.
- We have been engaged to manage S&OP processes.
- We are available to assist you with conceptual design, fully detailed process design, sales forecasting, capacity planning and portfolio management.
- Are you looking to reduce or increase your network footprint? Do you need to know how many warehouses you need, where they should be located, how big they should be?
- Do you also need to determine what resource you will require, what types of vehicles will suit your demand profile and what vehicle routes will need to be deployed?
- These are all questions we can answer for you through logistics network design using optimisation software and linear programming techniques, along with practical experience.
- Follow the link below to see how we can help your business optimise its logistics network to save money and improve service.
- The market for outsourced logistics services is very mature, especially in the UK.
- There are a host of third party logistics providers offering traditional warehousing and transportation services, but also extended services covering in-plant logistics, contract manufacturing and assembly and packing services.
- Managing a logistics tender is unlike many other areas of procurement. You are buying a service, not a commodity, and the service offered will depend on how well you and the 3PL have assessed your operational requirements and throughputs.
- Transportation often accounts for up to 70% of logistics spend. Optimisation of routes and fleet profile can be a significant lever to reduce cost.
- The aim of all vehicle fleet operations is to minimise route time and distance whilst maintaining the right service levels.
- We can provide expert support in not only route optimisation, but also fleet profiling, location analysis and cost to serve assessment. Follow the link below to read more about our transport routing service:
- Are you looking to to optimise your warehouse configuration and increase space and throughput?
- Are you seeking the optimal configuration for an e-commerce operation, national distribution centre, regional warehouse or industry specific facility?
- Do you need warehouse design expertise to not only design a best in class solution, but also determine the capital and operational cost requirements?
- These are all areas where we can help you. Our supply chain consulting team has decades of warehouse design experience and can support you with design, costing, MHE selection, equipment purchase and implementation.
- Follow the link below to see how we can help your business improve its warehouse operations to increase throughput, reduce cycle times, save money and improve service.
- Operations Management is the science of managing a businesses resources and behaviour through robust process design and control.
- In Operations Management you need to continuously focus on how to reduce waste, increase efficiency and consequently improve profitability.
- We can assist you, in both a manufacturing and supply chain context, in delivering evaluation of current performance, redesigning or improving processes, forecasting demand, planning capacity and planning and managing projects.
Here’s what some of our clients have said
A clear, concise and analytical approach, with stakeholder engagement throughout, helped us reduce inventories while not compromising customer service.
John Walker, CEO, The Quartz Corp
Brian Cooper, Head of Distribution, Hobbycraft
Paul Trudgian has really helped take our supply chain to the next level…everything presented was clear, concise and well supported through thorough assessment.
Gareth Openshaw, Managing Director, Trojan Utilities
An exceptionally knowledgeable logistics specialist and a great guy to work with. Paul has provided us with invaluable advice.
Louise Millard, Director, Thoroughly Modern Baby
Request a Call Back
Would you like to speak to a consultant? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also click here to email us if you would prefer.
Alternatively, please call on 0121 517 0008 to speak with one of the team today.
We can assist you with all aspects of supply chain and logistics development, including inventory reduction, logistics network design, warehouse design, logistics outsourcing and S&OP.
We look forward to hearing from you.